Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Book Review:Underworld (Abandon Trilogy #2) by Meg Cabot


Underworld (Abandon Trilogy, #2)Underworld by Meg Cabot
My rating: 1 of 5 stars
Number of pages: 256 pages
Published: May 8th 2012 by Point
Blurb:  Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn’t dead.

Not this time.

But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey.

Her captor, John Hayden, claims it’s for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they’ve come back as Furies, intent on vengeance…on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves.

But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there…and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies.

And unless Pierce is careful, this time there’ll be no escape.


MY REVIEW:

I was really reluctant to post this review here but I felt that you guys needed to know the truth and think twice before picking up a copy at the bookstore.
 

I really should have listened to my dad when he warned me about buying such a *cheesy* book.I knew better than to give this series a chance.But nooo,I just had to see more of John Hayden and started drooling over the cover(AGAIN).Honestly,when will I learn?I got tricked by the cover of the previous book as well,and yet I was actually stupid enough to buy this one.Miss Cabot,what the hell happened to you?I basically started my journey into the world of YA novels with your books.And now you end up writing such low quality crap?No offense,but the truth IS the truth,and no one can deny it.This one is even worse than Abandon . The plot was very short and uninteresting as well,and don't even get me started on Pierce and John.I mean,where's all the action?The publishers have finally gone crazy.First The Selection, and now this.As one of your(soon to be ex if you keep on writing such books)huge fans,I've got to say,I'm extremely disappointed.You might as well refrain from writing Awaken if you're going to turn it into another crappy book.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Woω thаt wаs odd. I јust wrotе an
    extremеly long comment but after I clickeԁ submit my comment
    ԁidn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not wгіtіng all that οvеr аgain.
    Regarԁlеѕs, just wаntеd to
    say superb blоg!

    Take а look at my wеb-site; Americas Cardroom Poker Offer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! Actually I want to read Abandon series, but your review makes me consider more about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!You are absolutely about to make my day! :)
I really appreciate feedback from my readers on every single one of my posts but please keep in mind that Daydreaming Bookworm is an award free zone. I used to accept blog award tags before but now I really don't have the time.Sorry!