Saturday, August 11, 2012

Book Review: My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris

My Super Sweet Sixteenth CenturyMy Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Expected Publication: September 11th 2012 by Entangled Publishing
Blurb:  On the precipice of her sixteenth birthday, the last thing lone wolf Cat Crawford wants is an extravagant gala thrown by her bubbly stepmother and well-meaning father. So even though Cat knows the family’s trip to Florence, Italy, is a peace offering, she embraces the magical city and all it offers. But when her curiosity leads her to an unusual gypsy tent, she exits . . . right into Renaissance Firenze.

Thrust into the sixteenth century armed with only a backpack full of contraband future items, Cat joins up with her ancestors, the sweet Alessandra and protective Cipriano, and soon falls for the gorgeous aspiring artist Lorenzo. But when the much-older Niccolo starts sniffing around, Cat realizes that an unwanted birthday party is nothing compared to an unwanted suitor full of creeptastic amore.

Can she find her way back to modern times before her Italian adventure turns into an Italian forever?


My Review:

Thank you Heather Riccio for the ARC. :)

The author has an excellent way with words.I read the entire story in one sitting(I seem to be doing that a lot nowadays) and no matter how hard I tried,I couldn't take my eyes of the kindle until I finally finished the last page.(I know,it sounds as if I'm in love with my kindle but you know what I mean) and because of this,I had to listen to a lot of gibberish from my mom about how I'm ruining my eyesight by reading on the kindle all day.The ending was a total cliffhanger,and nowhere near how I expected it to be.Plus,I never thought that I could ever put time-travel and chick-lit in the same room without causing conflict,since the things that pop into my mind when I think about time-travel are sci-fi stuff.You know,time-travel machines,spaceships,flying cars,alien invasions,and other crazy stuff of that sort.But Rachel Harris showed me otherwise. ;)

My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century is a wonderful read for any teenage girl,or any adult woman who's young at heart.(like the author herself :))It has its share of humour and romance,along with a hot Italian guy from the sixteenth century which makes up the whole package.(Yum!^^)While reading this book you'll laugh and swoon at the same time,so much that you won't be able to tell which is which.And let's not forget about Cat's pathetic attempt to fit in to the elite society of renaissance Italy which is bound to make you laugh so hard that your cheeks will start hurting.Even if you're not into chick-lit much,My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century is absolutely worth a shot.

View all my reviews


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect combo for a good read. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing positive reviews for this book, and at first glance it didn't appeal to me. Definitely got me reconsidering it. Thanks for sharing :-)
    Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't a HUGE fan of this book but it was a nice fun read :)

    Krazzyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this book as well!
    :] Great review and glad you liked it too!
    I didn't think I was going to at first but it actually kept me really entertained.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!You are absolutely about to make my day! :)
I really appreciate feedback from my readers on every single one of my posts but please keep in mind that Daydreaming Bookworm is an award free zone. I used to accept blog award tags before but now I really don't have the time.Sorry!