Monday, June 11, 2012

Book Review: A Kiss In Time By Alex Flinn

 A Kiss In Time by Alex Flinn

Published April 28th 2009 by Harper Teen 
371 pages
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Summary: 
Talia fell under a spell...Jack broke the curse.

I was told to beware the accursed spindle, but it was so enchanting, so hypnotic...

I was looking for a little adventure the day I ditched my tour group. But finding a comatose town, with a hot-looking chick asleep in it, was so not what I had in mind.

I awakened in the same place but in another time—to a stranger's soft kiss.

I couldn't help kissing her. Sometimes you just have to kiss someone. I didn't know this would happen.

Now I am in dire trouble because my father, the king, says I have brought ruin upon our country. I have no choice but to run away with this commoner!

Now I'm stuck with a bratty princess and a trunk full of her jewels...The good news: My parents will freak!

Think you have dating issues? Try locking lips with a snoozing stunner who turns out to be 316 years old. Can a kiss transcend all—even time?


My Review:
I have read this book from the beginning to the end THREE TIMES!!!! It's been a while since I've enjoyed a book so much.This book is a modern re-telling of Sleeping Beauty,yes I'm talking about the Princess Aurora story,in case you're too dumb enough to recognize it.This story is way cooler that the Disney version,and of course,it does have its cheesiness.I totally think that this one should have been made into a movie instead of Beastly,which was nowhere near as good as this one.So if you haven't read this yet,I'd seriously advise you to consider running to your nearest bookstore right now and buy a copy.


Well,about the story.The best way to describe it is Sleeping Beauty(Talia) meets teen slacker.I totally loved the part that Jack isn't a handsome prince charming and the way his personality contrasts with Talia's.While the story's totally awesome,I would have appreciated a better cover.You know,something which features both Talia and Jack on it.To tell you the truth,the only reason the book was on my waiting list for so long was because the cover didn't intrigue me much.

1 comment:

  1. This is on my list to buy! I can't wait to read it! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!You are absolutely about to make my day! :)
I really appreciate feedback from my readers on every single one of my posts but please keep in mind that Daydreaming Bookworm is an award free zone. I used to accept blog award tags before but now I really don't have the time.Sorry!