Saturday, May 05, 2012

Book Review:The Eternity Code by Eoin Colfer (Artemis Fowl #3)


The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl, #3)The Eternity Code by Eoin Colfer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodreads summary:
Artemis Fowl II, criminal mastermind aged 12 is off on another crazy encounter with fairies accompanied with his ever-faithful bodyguard Butler. In this adventure, Artemis builds a cube with stolen fairy technology. It is stolen by Jon Spiro, a Chicago business man....

My Review:
I've always liked the main concept of the Artemis Fowl series,how a twelve year old criminal mastermind discovers the existence of a whole civilization living hidden right under our very nose,or should I say feet?To tell you the truth,I think of Artemis Fowl as a role model.He might be a criminal mastermind but still,he is extremely successful.In fact,a couple of years ago, I myself had this dream of becoming the world's youngest billionaire.But I know better and with the level concentration I put in my studies,that's not gonna happen.But I enjoyed The Eternity Code way more than the other two books.It was more action-packed and adrenaline kicking while I felt that the other two,while not half bad,was a bit numb and unmoving.This surprised me a bit,since it's usually the first books which are better than the sequels.Not that I'm complaining.After all, a good book IS a good book.;)And honestly,you could practically see the smirk on my face when Spiro gets tricked by Artemis and Foaly acts as if he's the cube. I really didn't like the guy since he got on my nerves too much.But then again, there cannot be a story without a villain.
But whatever,at least Butler's still alive!The story just wouldn't be the same without Butler as Artemis's bodyguard. [Butler's still alive!The story wouldn't be the same without Butler as Artemis's bodyguard. (hide spoiler)]

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!You are absolutely about to make my day! :)
I really appreciate feedback from my readers on every single one of my posts but please keep in mind that Daydreaming Bookworm is an award free zone. I used to accept blog award tags before but now I really don't have the time.Sorry!