Thursday, May 03, 2012

Book Review: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)







Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

 The Blurb:


I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school, 

push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.

My Review:


Beware!Do not read this unless you have read Delirium.Might be some spoilers.

"Behind us the door creaks open, and I turn around,expecting Raven,just as a voice cuts through the air: 'Don't believe her.' "

Pandemonium starts off with a depressed and numb Lena,who is heartbroken from leaving Alex behind.But then,burying her feelings of Alex deep within her when she joins Raven and the other Invalids,all that she leaves revealed is the numbness.But even then,we see signs,or rather,glimpses of her emotions as she gets to know her fellow Invalids better and her feelings towards them gradually softens.(view spoiler)[Then when she's supposed to be on an undercover mission,she falls in love all over again with Julian,who's supposedly the enemy,thinking to give love another chance.And just then,when it's going to be all happily ever after,Alex had to appear out of nowhere and all he says are just three words,but those three words were enough to break my heart. (hide spoiler)]

But overall except for some of the "then" parts at the beginning and the middle which I thought were a bit numb,the book was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful.And now, for the time being I'll be twisting and turning in my bed for nights until the release of the third book because in no way will I be able to get such a cliff-hanger out of my head.

(by the way,I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to the author for providing me with a copy)

View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. I just finished reading Delirium and it ended with such a cliffy!!! Can't wait to get my hands on Pandemonium!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me,Pandemonium has an even bigger cliffy.It'll leave your jaw hanging open.I won't reveal anything else 'cause that'd just ruin the anticipation ;)

      Delete
  2. I tried reading Delirium last year for my book group... but just couldn't get into it.
    I have wanted to like it ever since.
    Great review!
    Knowing that the second book is really good gives me hope that I can get into the series!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!You are absolutely about to make my day! :)
I really appreciate feedback from my readers on every single one of my posts but please keep in mind that Daydreaming Bookworm is an award free zone. I used to accept blog award tags before but now I really don't have the time.Sorry!