Monday, July 30, 2012

Book Review :The Enchanted Truth by Kym Petrie

The Enchanted Truth The Enchanted Truth by Kym Petrie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Expected Publication:  September 18th 2012 by Greenleaf Book Group
Blurb:  In this humorous and insightful tale, a modern day princess finds herself single and asking for magical intervention to change her sorry love life. Rather than casting a spell to bring Prince Charming to her rescue, a savvy fairy godmother gives the tenderhearted damsel an unexpected gift. By entrusting her true thoughts and desires to an unlikely confidant, the young royal soon discovers that the person who could make her life everything she dreamed it would be has been with her all along.

As author Kym Petrie herself realized, every woman needs a froggy friend and a secret journal—and enough adventures with the girls to keep her heart pounding and her mind racing. Life is meant to be about happy beginnings . . . you can never have enough of them.


My Review:


An ARC of this book was received via Netgalley


This book was so not what I was expecting.From the title and the blurb,I expected it to be a fairy-tale re-telling,like so many others,maybe in novella form.I was not prepared for a self-help book.And I have stopped reading those,since they never worked for me and unnecessarily got me hyped up.And plus I've never even been on a date yet,so I doubt that I need relationship advice.But I found it quite amusing,reading about our heroine of the story a.k.a the princess, and her love issues.But I think that it would be perfect for drama queens and teenage girls with love issues and help to boost their self-confidence,as well as a wonderful quick read.But it's definitely not for me.I prefer a bit lengthier book which actually has a story.Just to be on the safe side,I'd recommend it as a borrow-from-friend material.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!You are absolutely about to make my day! :)
I really appreciate feedback from my readers on every single one of my posts but please keep in mind that Daydreaming Bookworm is an award free zone. I used to accept blog award tags before but now I really don't have the time.Sorry!