Friday, September 07, 2012

Book Review: Rebel Heart by Moira Young

Rebel Heart by Moira Young

My Rating: 5 of 5 Stars 

Publication date:  August 2nd 2012 (U.K),October 30th 2012 (U.S)

Blurb(though my copy has a different one):
 Danger. Betrayal. Destiny. Passion.

The superb sequel to Blood Red Road, the most exciting YA debut of 2011

Saba has rescued her kidnapped brother and defeated the fanatical Tonton. But the price to be paid for her violent victory is terible. Jack has disappeared – and can no longer be trusted. A new and formidable enemy is on the rise in the dustlands. No one is safe. And Saba must confront the terrible secret hidden in the darkest depths of her soul.



My Review: 

A million thanks to Scholastic U.K and Charlotte Copping for the review copy.You have no idea how excited I was for this book.

 Rebel Heart,with its absolutely gorgeous cover,was an even more exciting read than I thought it would be.It surpasses the first book,Blood Red Road,with absolute ease and consists of more action,adventure,suspense,and though it kills me to say so,drama.Now,it's not every day you see a sequel which surpasses the first.Personally,I think that it's quite a bit of a challenge for authors to make the sequels more enjoyable for readers than the firsts.And not everyone is capable of doing that.But if you liked Blood Red Road,then you're bound to love Rebel Heart.I mean,how could you not?It's so full of surprises!And trust me when I say that in no way can the storyline be predicted in this book unless you're re-reading it,which does not count.There are so many things I can't mention in this review just because they would count as spoilers.And if you've been reluctant on buying this then don't hold out any longer,as it is a MUST-HAVE-IN-HARDBACK. It's got an awesome cover which will look really good on your shelf and behind that cover lurks pages filled with a story that promises a lot of action,suspense,adventures and just the right amount of drama.And along with the old characters from Blood Red Road a few new ones also join in. 

To U.K residents,I'd ask you to run to your nearest bookstore to grab a copy of this book before they run out.To North American residents,I'm extremely sorry to say that you won't be finding Rebel Heart in stores before October 30th.You might want to consider temporarily migrating to the U.K.Or there's always the other option which I'm used to doing though it's not very healthy.That is sulking in your room till it comes out. 

P.S I'm extremely sorry if I've mentioned anything twice.

5 comments:

  1. So jealous that you got an advanced copy! I got an ARC of the first book in the series and would have loved this one as well. Can't wait to read it, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem!Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited for Rebel Heart! Although I am a bit upset that the sequel's cover doesn't match my copy of Blood Red Road. I hate it when publishers do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww bummer!!!Lucky for me both of my covers match since I have the U.K Scholastic version.Lol! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow I didn't even know there was going to be a sequel to Blood Red Road. How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!You are absolutely about to make my day! :)
I really appreciate feedback from my readers on every single one of my posts but please keep in mind that Daydreaming Bookworm is an award free zone. I used to accept blog award tags before but now I really don't have the time.Sorry!