Thursday, July 12, 2012

Book Review: All These Things I've Done


All These Things I've DoneAll These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Number of pages:368
Published: September 6th 2011 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
Blurb:  In 2083, chocolate and coffee are illegal, paper is hard to find, water is carefully rationed, and New York City is rife with crime and poverty. And yet, for Anya Balanchine, the sixteen-year-old daughter of the city's most notorious (and dead) crime boss, life is fairly routine. It consists of going to school, taking care of her siblings and her dying grandmother, trying to avoid falling in love with the new assistant D.A.'s son, and avoiding her loser ex-boyfriend. That is until her ex is accidently poisoned by the chocolate her family manufactures and the police think she's to blame. Suddenly, Anya finds herself thrust unwillingly into the spotlight--at school, in the news, and most importantly, within her mafia family.

MY REVIEW:

I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT I PUT THIS BOOK ON HOLD FOR SOOO LONG!Curse you review copies and schoolwork!:@This book deserves to be worshipped!I mean,a YA novel involving a girl of a mafia family?Now that's total awesomeness!Helloooo authors!Those who are too busy writing vampire novels!You do realize that it's time for a change,right?Instead of looking upon Stephanie Meyer as your role model,look upon Gabrielle Zevin instead!Miss Zevin,may I ask how you were able to come up with such a fascinating plot?I'm speechless!

Though I would like to see a bit more action in the second book.It's about a mafia godfather's daughter,for god's sake!It's supposed to be more like this:

All badass and everything!XD
But anyways,awesome book!!!Those who have kept this waiting are either really unfortunate or just plain stupid.This book is definitely worth your time!
(Oh,and by the way,even though my format says ebook,I have the paperback version of this cover)


View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. Super review :) I've been eyeing this one for a while now and want to read it so bad! Gabrielle Zevin is one of my favorite authors—I loved her book Elsewhere.

    ♥ Karielle @ Books à la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the world that Anya lives in- her crazy family, friends, etc (though the whole chocolate ban is a little far fetched). I think the reader really pulls you in to the story, and Anya is a strong character who is easy to like.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!You are absolutely about to make my day! :)
I really appreciate feedback from my readers on every single one of my posts but please keep in mind that Daydreaming Bookworm is an award free zone. I used to accept blog award tags before but now I really don't have the time.Sorry!