Friday, May 11, 2012

Book Review:Romeo Redeemed by Stacie Jay

Romeo Redeemed (Juliet Immortal #2)Romeo Redeemed by Stacey Jay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Expected publication: October 9th 2012 by Delacorte Books for Young Reader 

I would like to thank Netgalley and the publisher for providing me a copy.

The blurb: 
All will be revealed for fans who have breathlessly awaited the sizzling sequel to Juliet Immortal. This time Romeo takes center stage and gets one chance, and one chance only, to redeem himself.

Cursed to live out eternity in his rotted corpse, Romeo, known for his ruthless, cutthroat ways, is given the chance to redeem himself by traveling back in time to save the life of Ariel Dragland. Unbeknownst to her, Ariel is important to both the evil Mercenaries and the love-promoting Ambassadors and holds the fate of the world in her hands. Romeo must win her heart and make her believe in love, turning her away from her darker potential before his work is discovered by the Mercenaries. While his seduction begins as yet another lie, it soon becomes his only truth. Romeo vows to protect Ariel from harm, and do whatever it takes to win her heart and soul. But when Ariel is led to believe his love is a deception, she becomes vulnerable to Mercenary manipulation, and her own inner darkness may ultimately rip them apart.


My Review:
It is very rare to have a sequel which is as good as or better than the first one.While Romeo Redeemed does not fall into these category that does not mean that it was disappointing.For those who have Juliet Immortal,remember where we last left Romeo in Dylan's body? Well it starts from there and somehow, we see Romeo becoming a good guy as he tries to make Ariel fall in love with him within three days.Then there's also a glimpse of Romeo's past, and of the mistakes he had made.In the beginning and the middle, the story turns its course towards the chick-lit genre (not that I didn't enjoy that) but then sets back on track towards the end (Thank god, for there's only so much of something that I can take). But anyways, I'd recommend it to anyone who has read Juliet Immortal and would advise those who haven't to read Juliet Immortal first before reading this as you might be a bit confused with the story-line.(By the way, I'm always up for a third book but I'd advise the author to think twice before planning on writing one).

And for those who haven't read the first book(i.e,Juliet Immortal) yet,check out its goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9972882-juliet-immortal

Perfect soundtrack for the story:
Love Story by Taylor Swift (But I guess you already knew that ;D)



View all my reviews

2 comments:

Thank you so much for commenting!You are absolutely about to make my day! :)
I really appreciate feedback from my readers on every single one of my posts but please keep in mind that Daydreaming Bookworm is an award free zone. I used to accept blog award tags before but now I really don't have the time.Sorry!