Thursday, July 19, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Valkyrie Rising

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by breaking the spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

 Valkyrie Rising
 by Ingrid Paulson
 Expected Publication: October 9th 2012 by HarperTeen
 From Goodreads:  Nothing ever happens in Norway. But at least Ellie knows what to expect when she visits her grandmother: a tranquil fishing village and long, slow summer days. And maybe she’ll finally get out from under the shadow of her way-too-perfect big brother, Graham, while she’s there.

What Ellie doesn’t anticipate is Graham’s infuriating best friend, Tuck, tagging along for the trip. Nor did she imagine boys going missing amid rumors of impossible kidnappings. Least of all does she expect something powerful and ancient to awaken in her and that strange whispers would urge Ellie to claim her place among mythological warriors. Instead of peace and quiet, there’s suddenly a lot for a girl from L.A. to handle on a summer sojourn in Norway! And when Graham vanishes, it’s up to Ellie—and the ever-sarcastic, if undeniably alluring Tuck—to uncover the truth about all the disappearances and thwart the nefarious plan behind them.

Deadly legends, hidden identities, and tentative romance swirl together in one girl’s unexpectedly-epic coming of age.


My thoughts:Okay people even though I'm posting this on Thursday I technically started working on it on Wednesday.I had a really tight schedule so by the time I got home,it was almost my bedtime so I couldn't finish the post.The reason I chose this for this week's WoW is because this is one of the books on my ABSOLUTELY MUST READ list.Unlike Greek mythology,my knowledge on Norse Legends is quite limited.The only knowledge I have of Norse Legends is from my psp game Valkyrie Profile:Lenneth and from the Thor movie. But I'd really like to know more about it and since I'm not a big fan of reading articles and stuff,so I'm counting on this book to give me a clearer concept on Norse Legends.Not to mention that I hope to see a lot of action in there,like my psp game.Eeep!I can't wait for this to come out!!! XD

4 comments:

  1. I hate waiting for Books. This one looks interesting. Great WOW Pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks amazing, I love norse mythology so I can't wait for this!

    I'm a new follower :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!You are absolutely about to make my day! :)
I really appreciate feedback from my readers on every single one of my posts but please keep in mind that Daydreaming Bookworm is an award free zone. I used to accept blog award tags before but now I really don't have the time.Sorry!